The AV Technician primarily fulfills client-based audio/video/lighting production services from the initial service requests from clients, to planning to execution.
- Determining production specifications based on client needs.
- Setting up & operating AV equipment, including video screens, projectors, switchers, mixers, PA, lighting & lighting consoles to name a few. Connecting wires & cable and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings & conventions, presentations, new conferences.
- Assist in building stage decks, pipe and drape and other scenic elements; loading and unloading trucks and other manual labor as required by the event needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Working video production knowledge such as projection, LED and basic video signal flow.
- Working knowledge and or experience with basic lighting, power needs and signal flow associated with production lighting.
- Working knowledge and understanding of basic audio signal flow, setting up small to large scale PA, operating a mixer and live mixing experience.
- Knowledge of principles & processes for providing customer & personal services to include customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services & evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of media production, communication & dissemination techniques & methods.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control & the operation of telecommunications systems.
- Skilled in leadership, i.e. leading a team of colleagues in the successful execution of event productions.
- Skilled in advance mathematics, up to the college algebra level.
- Critical thinking; using logic & reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to direct a crew of 5 to 10 people, troubleshoot A/V/L equipment quickly, work under pressure, learn about new A/V/L technology as it comes to market, troubleshoot, repair & maintain A/V/L equipment.
- 2+ years of production experience required. 4 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule to allow for short notice & travel
- College degree, or equivalent professional experience
To submit a resume, please visit http://www.gojhe.com/jobs.
For the 12th year in a row, CSM Production was named to Special Events magazine’s annual 50 Top Event Companies list.Read More