Freightliner Trucks’ Stacey Premo oversees all aspects of the company’s motorsports partnership, including the JHE partnership which manages at-track hospitality and the Freightliner Trucks RunSmart Hauler Challenge.
The California native has worked for the world’s largest commercial on-highway and vocational truck manufacturer for 15 years. The finance major started in the accounting department in 1998. Four years later, she joined the dealer operations department and worked closely with the dealership owners on a variety of projects including the dealer excellence program which gave Premo her start in event planning. In 2007, she moved to the marketing group and managed an internal dealer website. When the company moved 300 positions from Portland, Ore., to Fort Mill, S.C., Premo moved as well. In 2009, she was promoted to her current position as Freightliner Trucks motorsports marketing manager and has continued to successfully grow the program.
Q&A with Stacey:
- What is the best lesson from college that still applies to your job? Use everyone’s strengths. Success comes through great teamwork and collaboration.
- What is the biggest myth about your job? It’s all a party and good times.
- What is the insider secret to your job? It’s a lot of blood, sweat and tears.
- What is the best part of working with JHE? Every need I have is met, and then they usually take it another step further.
- What has most impressed you about JHE? I tell everyone JHE is the best company I have ever had the privilege to work with. From Jay all the way down to the person who sweeps the floors, I am treated with the same respect no matter who it is. If I need something there are five people showing up to do whatever it is I need done within minutes. I have never heard the word “no” from anyone at JHE. No matter how crazy the idea is, they find a way to make it happen and I love that about them!
Six Things You May Not Know About Stacey:
- I’m inspired by… my son.
- My family is… the most important part of me. They keep me grounded.
- My favorite sport is… BASEBALL!
- My favorite vacation yet was to… Jamaica because I love the sand under my feet, the sun on my face and a drink in my hand.
- My favorite quote is… “Don’t take life too seriously; you’ll never get out alive.” – Van Wilder
- Anything else interesting people should know about you? Rocky Balboa has been my hero since 1976. When I need to get inspired or fired up, I listen to “Eye of the Tiger.” When I achieve something I worked hard at or find success I always say “Yo Adriane, I did it” in my head... ok, sometimes out loud.