If you are not a Clemson Tigers fan, beware! Because Abby Calhoun, a graduate from Clemson University certainly is. The JHE event coordinator hails from Greenwood, South Carolina, and joined the event production company in 2014 to assist with Freightliner hospitality and host up to 200 guests on race weekends. Her prior experience includes working for the Athletic Administration for the Clemson Athletic Department; Roush Fenway Racing and Lionel Racing.
While earning her Tiger stripes in college, Abby volunteered for two years with the Special Olympics and planned a weekend camp for children ages 8-12 who didn’t receive the physical activity of other children in that age group.
Would you be surprised that when she’s not working on the weekends she is at a Clemson football game?
Q&A with Abby:
- What is the best lesson from college that still applies to your job? To do what you love
- What is the best career advice you ever received? Never settle and be content – keep working at where you want to ultimately be
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned at JHE? To be appreciative of the little things, even if it is after an 18 hour day.
- What is the accomplishment at JHE you are most proud of? Always getting the job done no matter what the circumstance is – the camaraderie of our team is simply outstanding
- What is your best memory at JHE so far? Golfing 4 Good 2015
- What made you want to become a part of the JHE family? The culture among the co-workers along with the outstanding reputation that they had throughout the industry
- What is the biggest myth about your job? That it is always glamorous – not many people know what all goes into our work
- What is the insider secret to your job? To always smile regardless of the situation – just handle it rather than panicking
- What is the best part of working at JHE? Seeing our success after long days of hard work and making things work that at times seem impossible
- What is your personal definition of success? Knowing within myself that I did my very best to represent JHE well and seeing that the client is happy
Things People May Not Know About Abby:
- I spend my weekends … If I am not working at a race track – I am at a Clemson football game.
- My favorite sport is … College Football – I grew up attending many college sporting events – also watching my brother play many sports growing up.
- I don’t leave home without … lipstick.
- My favorite way to spend time … Watching college football, doing other people’s makeup, spending time with my niece and nephew.
- No one knows that I can … Eat more or as much food as most men. I can eat A LOT and am rarely “FULL”.
Keep up with Abby on Twitter @abbycalhoun2.