A native of Nashua, New Hampshire, Jessica Ferreira took her experience as director of events at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and applied those skills to her role at CSM Production as a live event producer. Armed with a sport management degree from Southern New Hampshire University, her role in the “Live Free or Die” state prepared her for her current duties planning, managing and executing events with new and existing clients.
Jessica also has a soft spot for the Gift of Life: Bone Marrow Foundation. In 2015, a close friend diagnosed with pre-leukemia underwent chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant. The odds of finding an exact match are one in a million while the odds of finding a match in a family are a 25 percent chance. Fortunately, her older sister’s bone marrow saved her life. “It is something I am very passionate about, and if I could be the match for someone else, I would gladly do so,” said Jessica.
Learn more about the New England Patriots fan who is inspired by her dad and from a family of seven.
Q&A with Jessica
- What is the best lesson from college that still applies to your job? Luckily for me, my sport management program was very hands on. It wasn’t just about writing papers and reading books, it was about real-life experience. I believe that nothing can beat actually doing something for yourself and learning from that experience.
- What is the best career advice you ever received? You don’t need a title to be a leader. This is actually the title of a book I read a couple years ago. There are many people with titles who are not good leaders. Just because you aren’t a manager or supervisor doesn’t mean you can’t make a difference and set a good example. Some of the hardest working people I know are those without titles and they have made the biggest impact in my career.
- What is the biggest myth about your job? That it is glamorous. A lot of people think it sounds so fun to travel and cool that I get to meet famous people. In reality, it is a lot of hard work and long days. The famous people I meet only for a second, and it’s normally me telling them to say “Drivers, Start Your Engines,” to start singing the National Anthem or to go on stage and wave to the crowd!
- What’s your secret to success? I don’t think there is a secret to success. Success comes from a lot of hard work, long hours and determination. If you are passionate about something, you will always find a way to succeed.
- What is the best part of working at CSM? The relationships I have made! I have made some amazing friends at CSM as well as in the NASCAR industry.
Things People May Not Know About Jessica
- I’m inspired by … my dad. He moved here from the Azores Islands of Portugal and is the hardest working man I know. He taught himself how to read and write in English. I will forever be thankful for the sacrifices he made so our family could live “the American dream.”
- The one person I’ve always wanted to meet is … I finally met this person last year on my birthday! Bill Belichick, the head coach of the New England Patriots. He is incredibly dedicated, hardworking and passionate about football. He is the greatest football coach of all time.
- My family is … the most important thing to me. Most of my family is back home in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, and I talk to them every day. Thank God for FaceTime! I try to FaceTime my three-year-old nephew at least once a week. He is one person that can ALWAYS make me happy!
- How I relax … bottle of wine and HBO or Netflix binge watching! I recently just finished Season 6 of Game of Thrones, and I don’t know what to do without it!
- My favorite quote is … "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr.
You can follow on Jessica’s journey on Instagram at @itsjesferreira.