A Belmont Abbey College graduate, Jordan Black was recognized in 2015 with the JHE “Bert Award” for his continuous loyalty to the company and its people.
The father of McCoy, who will be one years old June 6, is expecting twins in the fall of 2016 which may make juggling his role as senior manager of experiential a challenge.
Along with his colleagues, Jordan manages multiple clients including Ford, Lowe’s, Kobalt and several others. The role requires concept development for experiential activations, working with creative services to design the concept and then all logistics related to bringing the vision to life.
Jordan joined JHE in January 2012 as a contractor and has since become a full-time and valued employee.
Q&A with Jordan
- What is the best lesson from college that still applies to your job? Be honest, be sincere and always do more than what is asked of you.
- What is the best career advice you ever received? Never get complacent or slack because there is always someone ready to take your place.
- What is the accomplishment at JHE you are most proud of? Winning the Bert Award
- What’s your secret to success? Love what you do! Always give it everything you’ve got!
- What has been your best mistake? Leaving pieces of truss at the shop, in turn building a different display and the client loving it.
- What is the best part of working at JHE? The guys in my department.
Things People May Not Know About Jordan
- On my iPod playlist right now is … anything Eric Church.
- My biggest pet peeve is … people who get offended by everything.
- My family is … everything
- I spend my weekends … if not working I’m working on projects at the house.
- My favorite sport is … football. I played for 14 years. I also like Moto GP and Supercross racing.
- I don’t leave home without … a hat and a toothpick.
- How I relax … smoking a cigar with my buddies.
- My favorite vacation yet … hasn’t happened yet, but it will be taking McCoy to the beach for the first time.
- My favorite movie is … Shawshank Redemption.
- The best concert I’ve ever seen is … Eric Church in Greensboro, South Carolina. We had front row seats!
- The food I love so much that if I dropped it on the floor, I’d eat it anyway is … my momma’s mac n cheese.